12.25.2007

3 Months Old

I recall specifically: a dog, a man, a house and to travel east-coast-west-coast and beyond. Today I woke up and it has come to pass.

Now the burden of squeezing forth another vision with a new name. Two weekends worked in the past three, and the doctor tells me to loosen up my grinding fist, my clenched eye lids…and get to the business of dreaming. I remember this is how I held my body when I pretended to be asleep as little girl and heard my mother coming in to check on me.

‘Don’t forget the fun part’ says the gleaming head-shrinker, her finger waving in the air.

The dream:

In his sleep I hear my husband saying ‘Uh-ha. Yeah. Uh-ha. Uh-ha.’
‘Whoever you are listening to all night long, you will agree with their every word.’ I say. He has no memory of his nightly conversations, but denies his passivity and blind faith nonetheless. He only seems to be going along with what is being said, he explains. The reality is something different, but not sure what.

Mine, a no better sign: I sit onboard a home made rocket ship in the middle of a city loft, and nothing ever happens. The mechanics are faulty…but the party raves on and I step out of the canister to refill my empty glass, or to see if Alex might about